Sunday, October 27, 2013

Welcome new Terps!! (note: this entry always remains on top. New entries begin below)

Hello new transfer and commuting Terps!!

My name is Dian Squire and I am the Assistant Director of Orientation. It is my pleasure to welcome you to the University of Maryland. In my time working in Orientation, I have found that transfer and commuter students often have a hard time finding new contacts at the university and sometimes have issues locating important information for their success at the university. That is why I have created this blog. It is my hope that I can provide you with up-to-date information regarding the most important events happening on the Maryland Campus. Once I create a topic, feel free to comment with your experiences related to the topics. If there is something that you want to blog about, please send me an email and I will do my best to post about it so that a comment stream can be created. You may also search for topics in the search bar on the left.

At the end of each blog entry, you will notice a question in red italics. Feel free to answer the question and pose some of your own in a comment (all comments are moderated). 

My email is dsquire@umd.edu and the Orientation website is www.orientation.umd.edu. 

If you find anything offensive on this blog, please contact me immediately.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. about how many people are in each orientation session?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each orientation session depends on the number of colleges advising that day. We have had orientations with as little as 20 people and as big as 250.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will we be notified that we are admitted? I'm a transfer student.

    ReplyDelete