Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow-ed in

So, we're snowed in. And tomorrow is bringing another 10-20". So what do you do about school? Keep an ear out from your professors about what they are planning on doing to rearrange their schedules. Keep up with the reading no matter how much you really just want to watch Oprah. Continue to do the work (or the newly assigned work). Catch up on your sleep and stay warm!

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!

Also, schedule adjustment will continue to be postponed until the school reopens. So if you still need to drop/add classes, go ahead and make it happen!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My name is Haneen and I am a sophomore Elementary Education major and I am an OA. Personally on that snow week off, I made it a point to spend that time getting to know my new residents. I was recently hired to be an an RA in South Campus Commons 5, so I took that snowy week to go around and introduce myself to all my residents as well as create a fun "snow day" event in the snow. We all went out and created a pretty amazing igloo, where we all came together as a community to show our school prde instead of staying trapped in our appartments.

    I think it is very important that when you are offered an opportunity to be snowed in that you take advantage of it, and use it to grow with your fellow Terps. Another thing that was pretty amazing was that we had a HUGE snowball fight on the mall against the classes. Lets just say that people went all out and got there 2 hours early to make solid forts and a stash of snowballs. I have never been more excited to be snowed in and to be a Terp than I was that day/ week watching everyone come together and enjoy what the weather Gods gave us! 3 feet of snow or not, the University of Maryland was the ultimate college students' playground that week!

    ReplyDelete