Thursday, May 12, 2011

Living in the halls? Get involved!


Hey Terps!
My name is Vaughn Midder and I’m a freshman theatre and communication double major within the College of Arts and Humanities. I’m an orientation advisor for the summer of 2011, and I wanted to offer information about an organization that might help you get better acquainted with your fellow residents. Hall/Area councils within the Residence Hall Association (RHA) are a great way to meet new residents and effect change within the UMCP community. A council exists for every residence hall or area on campus. They are comprised of students who are elected to various positions by the residents of their council. I was elected the Vice President of Communication for BCC Hall Council this year and I really enjoyed it. We planned fun events for our fellow residents throughout the entire semesters such as the annual talent show, a Halloween dance, movie nights, and more. RHA offers leadership experience and it even provides employment opportunities for graduates through its extension to other national collegiate associations.

No comments:

Post a Comment